NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.
SMG is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to its Services and improving and adding to our existing products, services, and programs. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, SMG’s data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, SMG will post the changes on the Services to notify you of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently. This policy was last updated on June 3, 2020.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
Information You Provide To Us
Below are the categories of personal information that you voluntarily give us when you use our Services:
- We collect Information You Post on SMG Services. When you provide or post information to our Services, including your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and references to your online presence, we make this information available to others, as you request.
- We collect Correspondence Information. When you use the Services to contact SMG with questions and comments, we collect the information you provide as part of your correspondence to us.
- We collect Contact Information. When you fill out a form on the Services, you may provide your name and other contact information, including your company’s name, your e-mail address, and your mailing address or the mailing address of your company or other personal information. If you do not wish to fill out all of the information on the form you are not required to do so. You are providing any and all such information voluntarily.
- We collect Transaction Information. If you request any information from our Services, buy any of our products or subscribe to any of the services offered on our Services, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including financial information such as a credit card number and expiration date and general contact, billing and shipping information.
Information Collected From Cookies & Other Technologies
In addition to the information you provide when you use the Services, SMG uses technology to collect information about the use of our Services.
- We collect Internet Activity Information, such as your IP address, cookie information, and click-stream data (all of which are described below).
- “Cookies” are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you allow your browser to accept cookies. Cookies automatically identify your Web browser to the Services whenever you visit the Services, and make using the Services easier for you by saving your passwords, purchases, and preferences. By tracking how and when you use the Services, cookies help us determine which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to the Services are based on data obtained from cookies. Accepting cookies allows you, among other things, to personalize your experience on the Services. Cookies may also allow the Services and companies such as Facebook and Google to present to you advertising which may be of interest to you.
- IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data. There may be a collection of IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Services, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Services. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, and the preceding page view. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
Information Collected From Third Parties
We may also get information about you from other parties.
- We may have third-party service providers collect the categories of personal information described above on our behalf in order to provide services to us, such as hosting our websites, processing our credit card transactions, fulfilling your orders, and other activities needed to help us provide our Services to you. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
- If you choose to interact with our Services through a Social Networking Site (“SNS”), such as when you post content to or login through Facebook, they may provide us with information, in accordance with your elections. We may also provide information to the SNS as well, as discussed below.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICES
We use the categories of personal information described above for the following purposes:
- SMG uses the personal information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- SMG uses the personal information you provide to process transactions and fulfill your orders.
- SMG uses personal information as necessary to protect our company, our customers, and our business partners. We also may use this personal information to protect our Services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyber attacks or fraudulent activities).
- SMG and our affiliates use information to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our customers and markets, to improve our products and services, and to serve you with relevant advertisements.
- SMG, our affiliates, and companies such as Facebook and Google may use this information to contact you or present you with marketing messages in the future to tell you about products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do contact you through email, each email we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “unsubscribe’ from receiving future emails.
Similarly, we may provide “subscription” e-mail services, either directly or through affiliates, which enable you to receive current news and updates about SMG. For all such services, we will provide an opportunity to “unsubscribe” from, or cancel, the subscription.
We may also use information as otherwise disclosed or permitted by law, or as we may notify you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We share these categories of personal information under the following circumstances:
- SMG may share personal information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. We may share each category of personal information with service providers who send emails for us, help us manage and operate our sites, fulfill purchases, provide advertising or marketing services, provide analytics and search engine support, track advertising impressions, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial statements, provide legal advice, and place our advertisements on other platforms.
- SMG may allow a variety of parties to access the personal information we collect, depending upon the project for which the information was originally collected, the terms of that engagement, and the policies into or out of which the consumer has opted.
- From time to time, we may send you offers from SMG, its affiliated properties, and our promotional partners based on the information you have provided us. In addition, we may provide information we collect about you with third party companies regarding promotions, sweepstakes and other opportunities and/or offers. These third parties are subject to stringent data security and confidentiality requirements.
We may also release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of our Services, our users, or others. We will also release information if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
CHOICES ABOUT SMG COLLECTING, USING, & SHARING INFORMATION.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications. It is possible for you to use many of our Services without giving us any personally identifiable information. When you do register with us or give us personally identifiable information, you will have an opportunity at the time we collect your information to limit e-mail communications from SMG and from our third-party partners. You can request at any time that SMG not send future e-mails to you either by unsubscribing from the communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt Out of Third-Party Information Sharing. As mentioned above, we share information with third parties under certain circumstances. While we believe this disclosure of your information will result in opportunities that may be of interest to you, you have the right to tell us not to give your information to any third party. If you want SMG to keep all of the information collected about you confidential and not share it with any third party, please either email your request to: email@example.com. Or mail your written request to:
Superfly MarketingGroup, LLC
381 Park Ave South, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10016
Your request must include your name, email address, mailing address and must be signed. (Signature only required for written request sent by regular mail). Please allow six weeks to process your request. After your request has been fulfilled, disclosures will only be made in the limited circumstance in which SMG or our affiliates must share or transfer the personal information in our databases, to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS.
If you reside in California, you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to be free from discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
You may exercise the above rights by calling us at (203) 594-8429 or by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION.
- Public Forums. SMG may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups (collectively, “Public Areas”) available to its users. Please remember that any information that is posted to and/or disclosed in these Public Areas becomes public information. Accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in any Public Areas. By posting in the Public Areas you grant SMG, and all of its related, affiliated, parent and subsidiary entities, and all of the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives of the foregoing, a license to use the materials you post to the Services or any related service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Services or related service, you are granting SMG, its related, affiliated, parent and subsidiary entities, and all of the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives of the foregoing, a license to use User Content, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, compile, analyze and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that SMG may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Services or any related service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute such User Content.
SMG does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If you are under thirteen, please do not transmit any personal information. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to SMG, please contact us, and we will try to delete that information from our databases.
While no method of data transmission is guaranteed against unlawful third party interception or other misuse, SMG uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure protection of your data including industry-standard encryption and offline security methods in our physical facilities.